Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Shame! Shame on you Ace Hardware Indonesia!


let me tell you what happened as I visited one of the ace hardware stores in Bali today.

my friend had told me that they had received a toy I had been looking for for my little boy and today I decided to make the trip. 

i get to the store, after a while i also manage to find what i came for. gIve it to my son to try, he loves it, doesn't want to leave it alone. great! my bonus of the day: 20% off the nearly 315k. son happy, mummy happy! except I don't stay happy very long. 

i get a sales rep who tells me it's the last one and comes back with the item and the price tag. Well half the price tag, the 20% off tag has disappeared. i ask him where is it gone? well it was a mistake. sorry, not really my problem, I reply! and he really tries to talk himself out of it - which only annoys me more. then he says, that the member of staff is new, i reply then he is obviously not ready to be by himself. and then it comes: well the staff member will have to pay! i was shocked. i think i didn't understand well, but no... even if the guys english wasn't very good, he got that across. YES! if an employee at ace hardware makes a mistake he pays for it! i cannot take money from a kid who makes a mistake, i will not take his money. so i made my way to the cashier and pay full price for my son to be happy. and then i thought i can't leave this alone. i go to customer service and ask for the manager. very nice lady came and listened to me. she could only say that i had understood well and that is ace hardware's policy. she checked my story out - the item had been on sales till the 4th september and the tag hadn't been taken off. she then told me that she would take it off her salary. what is this? i don't ask for charity! i know she means well and I am not offended she proposed it but i don't want her money either. so because of ace hardware's unfair, idiotic, i-can't-find-a-word-for-it policy and me being a normal human, with a heart, i cannot have my consumer's right respected or protected. 

i know others probably would think, tough for the kid, he will learn. but no! it's so wrong. i could just see it happen in France, the unions could milk that one - and for once i would agree with them. poor kid. this kind of policy is from another time, a time where employees were not respected or trusted. a time where employers did what they wanted to. 

shame, shame on you ace hardware Indonesia! 

1 comment:

Thanks for the taking the time to leave a comment! I will answer you very soon...